Basics of Pipe Relining
At Wilco Relining, we’re proud to offer professional pipe relining services in Sydney for sewer drains. Pipe relining offers an alternative to traditional pipe replacement, which involves physically digging up your sewer pipe and replacing it. But how does it work, and what are the benefits? Find out now.
What Is Pipe Relining And How Does It Work?
Pipe relining is a type of pipe repair that’s most often used for sewer lines, but can be used for any buried pipe.
In this method of pipe repair, cameras and specialised equipment are used to insert a felt tube into the damaged pipe. This tube is coated with epoxy resin, and when it reaches the damaged part of the pipe, it will harden and expand slightly.
Essentially, this creates a “pipe within the pipe.” The pipe relining process seals up the damaged part of your pipe, and allows water to flow properly through the drain line, restoring its functionality – without requiring the entire pipe to be dug up, removed, and replaced.
What To Expect From The Process
It usually takes only 3 quick steps to reline your sewer pipe or water line. Here’s what to expect from the process.
- Camera check – First, we’ll use special flexible cameras to check on the integrity of your pipe, and determine the extent of damage to ensure pipe relining is the best solution for you.
- High pressure water jetting – We will blast away clogs, tree roots, mineral buildup, and other debris using a special high-powered tool that creates a pressurized water stream. This clears the way for pipe relining.
- Trenchless pipe relining – As outlined above, we’ll place an epoxy-coated felt tube from Brawoliner into your pipe, and use special tools to move it into the proper position, checking with our CCTV camera system to ensure proper placement. Then, it will harden and seal up your pipe, completing the repair.
The Benefits Of Pipe Relining & Trenchless Pipe Repair
Why should you choose trenchless pipe repair and pipe relining in Sydney from Wilco Relining? Here are just a few reasons.
- Faster process – In many cases, trenchless pipe repair takes just one day, while replacing the pipe may take multiple days or up to a week.
- Saves money – The process of pipe relining involves no heavy machinery, less labour, and a simpler overall repair process, which means it’s much less expensive than digging up and replacing your pipe.
- Preserves your landscaping – You’ll have to spend a lot of time and/or money restoring your yard after your pipe has been dug up, as this is not the responsibility of the pipe repair company. With pipeless repair, though, no digging is required.
Contact Us To Schedule An Appointment In Sydney Today
If you think that you need sewer pipe repairs in Sydney, pipe relining is the best solution. To learn more and get started, just contact Wilco Plumbing online or give us a ring at 1300 512 737. Our team is always here to help.